Have you thought about how much time you are willing to spend sifting through your own Email? If you have, you know that you have a very short window of opportunity to capture your reader’s interest. In this article, we’re sharing some basic helpful tips on how to best structure your email marketing campaign content.
Here are 10 basic tips you should follow when creating email campaigns:
- Keep your subject line to about 60 characters. Short and sweet! Include the topic so people know what they are in for. You have mere seconds to get their attention before they hit that delete button.
- Consider that the key calls to action should be present in the top 2 to 4 inches or top 300 pixels of the email (above the fold) — that is the average size of preview panes in email clients.
- Keep your content clear, concise and well written (always proofread!)
- Use a strong call to action.
- Use lots of white space — eyes tire faster reading from a computer monitor than a printed piece.
- Use a standard font size — going smaller to fit more content is not a good idea if it dissuades the subscriber from reading the article.
- Use links strategically and make them one click that goes straight to the intended destination. Why not link back to your site and use the email campaign to drive traffic.
- Use savvy headings that will entice readers to open the campaign but not trip spam filters or fire walls.
- Don’t embed video; it will likely trip blocking by firewalls and spam filters so your email doesn’t get through. There are workarounds for sharing video via email.
- Always perform quality assurance on your HTML before sending the campaign.
Not every email client deciphers HTML design in the same way. Email clients are much more sensitive about rendering HTML than web browsers are for rendering web pages. Your email campaign may look great when you open it in your Outlook account but that doesn’t mean it looks the same for someone using GMail. That is why it’s important to go with an Email Service Provider who will allow you to test it BEFORE sending!
At Original Ginger we can set up a personalized dashboard with branded templates that are already tested on major email clients. With easy to use drag and drop functionality you’ll be sending email campaigns like a pro. You’ll be able to test the campaign design AND content to make sure your emails get past the spam filters and reach their destination.
Email Marketing is part of what we do at Original Ginger. We’re happy to provide these services for you. Give us a call at 778.298.1966 or Toll Free 1.855.298.8650.
Subscribe to our newsletter so the next article in the series reaches your inbox.