Do you know where you want to go with your business, but not sure how to get there? Have a business problem that you just can’t get around? A branding & marketing consultant could provide the kick start you need to reach those heights of success.
We get it. It’s not easy to realize that perhaps there’s an area of your business that needs an outside perspective. As business owners, we like to think we can do it all. However, asking for help may be the wisest thing you can do to grow your business.
What Is a Branding & Marketing Consultant?
So, you may ask, if I need a website, couldn’t I just consult a web designer? Though a web designer may know how to build the most beautiful sites, they may not know the best way to launch it, who to target as an audience and how it could complement your other marketing activities.
A branding and marketing consultant is so much more than an expert on websites. They can also guide you on larger “big picture” issues, such as, how does a website fit into your overall branding strategy? Or they can target specific issues related to increasing sales or getting more leads. They can help you decide which marketing investments to make.
How a Consultant Can Help
A consultant isn’t just a coach, they are a resource, a problem-solver, a sounding board, a fellow entrepreneur who has been there, a business mentor. And when you consider that only 50% of businesses will make it past 5 years, while 70% of mentored businesses will survive longer than 5 years, it seems like a wise investment to make in your business.
Most importantly, a consultant provides you with clarity. They can give you the information you need to make critical decisions about your business direction, focus and future. They can help you brainstorm, make sense of ideas, and can clear away the clutter (and distractions), while providing accountability by keeping you on task.
With the help of a consultant, you can build a strong foundation for your business. You can also build a map or concrete plan of action so you can take the steps needed to reach your goals.
How Do I Know If It’s Time to Consult an Expert? The 5 Signs…
There’s no one thing that will signal when it’s time to work with a professional. If you feel “stuck” or in a plateau, or you’ve tried working out a problem on your own and just can’t solve it, you may need expert help.
Here are five other classic signs that it’s time to hire a consultant:
- You feel overwhelmed. You have a new or existing business and know you could be doing better, but growing your business seems like an insurmountable goal. You might have a backlog of marketing tasks or a wish list of branding activities that you or your team just can’t find the time or resources to tackle.
- Recent changes in the marketplace that require you to pivot. Your business is facing some new challenges and maybe your current strategies don’t work anymore. Maybe you used to rely on in-store sales, but now have to open an online store because that’s where the business is. Or maybe you need a new brand strategy, or content strategy, in order to avoid losing customers to competitors.
- Your current marketing activities are missing the mark. You’re missing out on repeat business opportunities, or having trouble retaining customers. Maybe your social media is being under-used. You have a feeling you could be doing something more, but and after a few unsuccessful campaigns or efforts, you’re not sure what to do.
- You need to elevate your online presence. But you don’t necessarily have the in-house expertise. Whether it’s E-commerce, online catalogues, training platforms, or sales/marketing integration, you want more brand recognition and brand awareness online but you’re not sure what tools or platforms might benefit your business.
- Website woes. A key component of any marketing strategy is your business website. Maybe you need a new one, or you have an existing website, but you’re struggling to get search traffic, customer converts, or need an E-commerce solution. Maybe you have challenges with creating the kind of content your customers want and you need strategic advice about blogging, web page content and/or SEO (search engine optimization).
How We Work at Original Ginger
Our consulting services are different. We don’t give generic advice. We listen to your concerns, challenges, and objectives, and work together to solve any issues using specific steps tailored to your needs, your resources, and your specific industry or organization.
When you’re partnered with an Original Ginger expert team member, they become an extension of your team. We can be your strategist, your E-commerce wizard, your marketing tour guide, or your design advisor. Tell us where you need help the most and we will tailor your consultation accordingly.
Consultations are all virtual and online, using a speaker phone, wi-fi, and a computer/laptop, so we can share our desktop and speak with you via conference call. You can be located anywhere in the US or Canada and sessions can be booked anytime between 9am and 4:30pm PST on weekdays, Monday through Thursday.
We usually start with an initial consultation, where we learn your business inside and out, and discuss your goals and challenges. For some, that one conversation will provide all the clarity and direction they need. For others, biweekly or monthly consultation sessions are preferred, to tackle more complex or ongoing challenges. This also provides regular accountability and guidance.
Whatever journey you choose, think of it as an investment in your business. There’s no wrong way to go about it and any knowledge about your business is definitely empowering!
Wanna chat? The first initial session is free! Contact us today for more info.